Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Our 4th
Life is good! Our fourth of July was possibly my most favorite day of this summer so far. Here is how it went down:
I was awoken at 4:15 in the morning to Miss Mea poking me. "What's wrong?" I asked "Did the thunder wake you?" "No." She said "I so excited!" She was going to run another mile run and couldn't wait. It was so cool to see her that jazzed. We got up about 6:30 and got to the park for the Parley P. Pratt Memorial Run. Mea, Jaden and I ran the 1 mile, while Jared ran the 4. Mea is quite the little runner. We started off in the back of the pack because I had the stroller, so we had to pass about 40 people right out of the gate. Mea was so competitive every time we got close to someone she would pick up the pace and say "Let's get 'em!" About 3/4 of the way in she was getting tired and said "How did I get myself into this!" I had to laugh! 200 meters to the end and she got her second wind. She dropped her hand off the stroller and wanted to sprint to the end on her own. She did awesome!
Later in the day, we had my family over for a shrimp boil. I love to cook these! The food was a little spicy but so good! I think I could live in the coastal south- I love that kind of food! It was fun to see the kids with the fireworks and just relax and enjoy the day. We have the perfect yard for a cook out and great space for fireworks.

Mea and Nora- notice Mea's pink boots!
One of my favorite pics of Aunt Mar. Mea loves that she is rocking the bump-it!
Uncle Aaron- It was a dangerous job!
We tried to go to MU to watch Fire in the Sky but it rained long enough that I got cold and said it was time to go. I know, I'm a party pooper but seriously I was soaked and had been up since 4:15 so by 9:30 I was ready to go home! I ended the evening with a Cherry Limeade Sonic Blast (so wonderful)-
It was a wonderful day! I hope everyone had a great fourth as well!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Looks like you guys had a great day! That is awesome that Mea loves to run. She'll be a track star!
Such a cute family picture!! Just love your little running family stories.
Post a Comment